DATA MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
One window to all data
MIKE PLANNING offers a range of tools that you can use when processing historical time-series data or analysing results of your model simulations and scenarios. All tools can be used interactively or they can be part of automated workflows. It uses and includes MIKE INFO as its data repository and uses the data processing tools and reporting capabilities of MIKE INFO in a scenario analysis and decision support context.
- MIKE PLANNING brings all your data sources together – MIKE PLANNING includes powerful data integration capabilities that allows you to import your data from a variety of sources including text files, spreadsheets and other database solutions.
- MIKE PLANNING quality assures and processes your time-series data – MIKE PLANNING includes a suite of time-series processing and quality assurance tools for hydrological and meteorological data processing (such as rating curves, double mass curves and gap filling), statistical and extreme value analysis, as well as climate downscaling and much more.
- MIKE PLANNING gives you geographic information system (GIS) capabilities – MIKE PLANNING provides functionality for mapping and processing spatial data and allows you to associate time-series and documents with spatial features. The GIS module is Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) data compliant and imports from or links to a variety of data sources. The GIS module also comes with a series of spatial processing tools.
- MIKE PLANNING provides scripting capabilities – MIKE PLANNING comes with a suite of tools for processing spatial and temporal data, but even comprehensive packages have their limitations. MIKE PLANNING is an open system which you can extend with functionality in different ways. One way is to use the built-in Python scripting component. For example you can use scripting to build your own data processing tools and your own data import tools. In a planning context you may also use scripting to develop your own performance indicators.
- MIKE PLANNING does your data and scenario reporting – MIKE PLANNING allows you to generate custom-made reports that combine elements such as text, tables, maps and charts, for instance, in order to provide a brief overview of key scenario results. Reports can also be shared with colleagues, partners and stakeholders through MIKE PLANNING Web.
- MIKE PLANNING documents your data and scenarios – MIKE PLANNING includes an audit log, which allows you to find out when, why and by whom your data or model scenarios were changed or created. In addition to system-generated information, you may add textual descriptions to the audit log and build your own meta-data schema to describe your data your way.
- MIKE PLANNING strengthens your document management – MIKE PLANNING allows you to store and retrieve documents and access them easily when needed. Documents can either be static uploaded documents or automated reports generated by MIKE PLANNING. You can also link documents to spatial features (GIS) allowing you to relate specific information, for instance images, to a spatial location.